my planner.
ordinarily i'm very organized.... but when your life only consists of working a set schedule and hanging out with friends, the planner is no longer necessary. However, now that I am making plans to meet various wedding people.... life have become a bit more complicated.... plus throw working in to the mix.... and you get a mess!
i have a feeling its just going to get busier... but luckily we are taking a 10 day family vacation out to Reno, Sacramento, and San Francisco... so it should be fun-filled but relaxing!
But back to wedding planning....
This week I met with Joe and Rhonda Hendricks of Joe Hendricks Photography. I loved them. Their personalities meshed really well with both mine and my mothers... and they like wine! :)
I also tried on a bunch of dresses this week at both The Sugar Drop, Inc and The White Room, Too... as well as a consignment shop called Encore. Per usual, everything I tried looked good on, making my decision difficult. I think I have narrowed it down to two main contenders:

Casablanca 1918
and.......

Casablanca 1971
I love them both! The price of 1918 is $400 MORE than 1971.... so I am taking Lance's mom to see both of them and get her input on them as well. The first one she is going to see is 1971... which is my mom's favorite (and also the favorite of the bridesmaids).
I also found a bridesmaid dress this week too. The only problem is I'm not sure whether or not I want them all in the same dress or not. If I do want them in the same one this one is definitely it! Its gorgeous.

Mori Lee 805
I just love it! I may have to buy one for myself!
I also got my paper samples from Cards and Pocketfolds this week. I love this company! I was orginially going to DIY pocketfolds, however when doing a time/cost analysis it is only $20 more total for me to order pocketfolds than for me to buy custom cut paper myself.... so I might as well save my precious time (since I'll be in grad school) and just order them. I didn't order a sample of the pocketfolds (yet) but I did order paper samples and I love the shade of black. I also ordered envelope samples with envelope liners and have decided that we will have black envelopes with damask liners (already assembled..... it's only about $20 more on this too) and a black pocketfold. Since the invitation cards will be white, I feel that the black provides a good contrast to the white, but also doesn't get lost in the envelope sine there is a damask liner.
Although I am going to think about it for a few days, show other people and then make my decision. Its a lot of money to be spent to not be 100% sure. I might also order a few samples of the pocketfolds just to see what they look like and maybe even order the liners in different shades of white to see what that would look like too.
No comments:
Post a Comment