
and decided that it was time to start planning. With the wedding 8 months away I need to get on the ball because it will be here before I know it. I'm planning on quitting my job in June so I can come home and spend more time on the wedding but I have a feeling that starting now is what is best. Needless to say I have my work cut out for me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This morning I dragged myself out of be at 7:30 to meet with the events coordinator at Boxwood Bistro at 8:15. I was about 5 minutes late....
I was so excited because this place is A-MAZ-ING. It perfectly personifies what I want for my reception and has so much character! She had already met with my mom and discussed preliminary reception plans, but it was my job to ask further questions and discuss cost. Well cost is definitely something that it will be. I found out that ordinarily they charge $10,000 to rent the restaurant out for the night. JUST THE RENTAL FEE AND DECORATIONS... FOOD NOT INCLUDED. Needless to say I was disappointed because $10,000 is our ENTIRE budget. But since we are getting married on a "holiday" that they are not normally open for hopefully the cost will go down considerably, but we'll just have to see. In the meantime I'm going to be scoping out other reception locations that cost considerably less and maybe I can just have Boxwood Bistro cater.
After I got back home, disappointed, I decided to attempt my DIY pocketfolds so that I could order that paper. It actually turned out really well. The first attempt was a complete failure, but the second one was perfect! I was so excited that I actually was able to make something myself and it look good!
Pretty impressive huh? The paper I will be ordering will actually be black, however white was all I had available to purchase from work in small quantities. Now that I know I can make this and it doesn't take that much time I will have to order my paper soon. The invitations don't need to go out until late October, but since I'll be in school then I would like to have the pocketfold part finished before August.
I have also been emailing a bunch of photographers in the area to find out prices and set up meetings in June.. I had no idea that it cost so much to have someone take pictures and create a book for you. I really want something that is all inclusive.... engagement pictures, all day of the wedding, and then an album created for me as well as all the pictures on a dvd. I also would like someone who will do a "trash the dress" thing after and include bridal portraits... all for less than $3500.... I'm not sure this is possible. It is just another expense I didn't realize was so much. We really need to have engagement pictures taken so that we can create and send out the Save the Date magnets. Since we are having a holiday wedding I would like to send them out sooner rather than later... like July 15. Hopefully I can find someone that is good and inexpensive... but we'll see... I'm beginning to think we might have to up the budget.
This is such a cool idea! I really hope you can get a good photographer because pictures are absolutely priceless. (Maybe that's why they think they can charge so much? haha.) If I were legit, I'd totally do it for you for free. haha. The Bistro MUST be amazing to be that expensive! I hope they'll cut you a deal tho. I'm sure everything will turn out amazingly, no matter where it is or who takes the pictures! :D
ReplyDelete~Samantha:)
TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS??? Oh my goodness! Hopefully they can lower that :) I really want you to be able to do it there! But if not, I feel confident that you can find somewhere just as good or better for a better price.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jenna